10 Easy Commercial Office Cleaning Tips
Clean Healthy London Office Spaces.
In London we work in very close quarters and are exposed to many germs and virus hence having a healthy clean London office space both physically and mentally is very important. Often the office is like a second home. No one wants to work in an office cluttered with rubbish, dirty and full of germs. It can leave workers feeling undervalued and demotivated as a result unproductive. Clients will also get the wrong impression about the company. Below are 10 tips to create a happy clean working space.
1. Have a cleaning plan - weekly plan When it comes to cleaning an office, there is always the risk of missing tasks. As a professional cleaning company that services office every day we put a cleaning plan in place - this means everyone involved knows what tasks need completing and when they need to happen.
2. Declutter - every 2 weeks A clean office can only happen once there is no clutter. Decluttering the work area can involve things like:
Breaking down and putting out for recycling any boxes no longer needed.
Taking cups and dishes to the kitchen area.
Remove any rubbish from the workspace.
Three simple actions that make it easier to keep the work area clear of clutter.
3. Clear Desk - daily - Clear desk policy
In London we are often given the Metro Newspaper or the Evening Standard these have a tenancy to make it to the you nice clean London office along with a take away cup from the coffee shop in Waterloo station on the way in. It is important that London workers keep their desk clear of papers, folders, newspapers and coffee cups and other items. Putting away such items leaves the desk free for cleaning. Having a clear desk policy in place in the office will help.
4. Windows - 2 x's a year Windows can quickly build up dirt and dust if not cleaned regularly. To stop the dirt and dust from building up and making it difficult to see out, windows need regular cleaning. Ideally, this should happen at least twice a year. 5. Emptying the bins - daily - No food at desk
- Empty daily
If people eat at their desk, there is a risk of the bins smelling. Equally, workers may overfill the bins with rubbish potentially causing a hazard. Bins need to be emptied regularly, so this does not happen. Having a rubbish bag in the bin makes it easier to remove quickly and keeps it clean. 6. Computers, Keyboards and Phones - daily Computers, keyboards and the telephone that sit on desks are all dust and dirt magnets. Given that these can all pick up viruses or bacteria a regular cleaning schedule is important. Having a cleaning spray and cloth readily to hand will help. 7. Toilets - 1 - 3 times a day When it comes to safety, keeping toilets clean and disinfected is vital. They are the one place where there will be high traffic from the many people that use them. Because of this, daily cleaning is essential. Not having a regular cleaning routine can lead to restrooms becoming a breeding ground for all kinds of germs, bacteria and infectious diseases.
8. Kitchen Areas - daily all day
- Get a dishwasher
- Clean microwave All dishes in the kitchen area need cleaning up soon after their use. Equally, if there is a microwave, any mess should be cleaned up promptly. Leaving food and other spills unattended can result in it going hard and being difficult to clean up later.
9. Mopping - daily Cleaning the work area will likely mean mopping floors, especially important is the kitchen area. It is important that safety signs be put out to warn everyone who walks by that the floor is wet. Warm water is also expected to be used. Preferable as hot as possible. 10. Walkthrough - weekly Walk around the office on a regular basis taking the same path a client might follow and study the surroundings. If the office cleaning is working then, there should not be any signs of an untidy office.
Conclusion It is very important to keep London work places clean and neat to increase productivity and reduce sickness and absenteeism caused by an environment where a-lot of people are traveling on the underground. A clean London office can impress the most fussy of London customers with a good impression of the office. In making sure that the work area is clean, it is worth considering whether to hire a professional cleaning company to do the job.
If you are thinking of hiring a professional London based cleaning company feel free to contact us. We hire local cleaners and believe in fair rates cleaning with environmentally friendly products as a result having one of London's best cleaners who are loyal and trustworthy and do a great job.